As the COVID-19 pandemic and the subsequent lock down imposed by many governments play out, how is the library community providing support for the faculty/teachers and students? The Association of African Universities (AAU), in collaboration with the African Library & Information Associations and Institutions – AfLIA, is organizing a free webinar themed: “Supporting Academic Libraries in the COVID-19 Era”. The webinar is scheduled to hold on 19 May, 2020 at 10:00am GMT. Prior registration is not required, simply join the webinar when the time is up.
Some topics to be covered
- How can libraries support the teaching and learning process in a virtual environment?
- Practical ways of engaging the faculty and students in their core tasks
- How will academic libraries provide support for students who can no longer visit the physical library because they are out of campus
- Planning ahead for the post COVID-19 era
- What lessons for Library schools as they prepare the future information professionals?
Date and Time: 19 May, 2020 at 10:00am GMT
For any enquiries contact
Abednego Corletey: firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp: +233264655185